- LurnBot recommends this robot toy to age 6-11 yrs (Manufacturer: 6+ yrs)
- Dash robot toy is a fully assembled, easy-to-use robot toy complete with apps to control its complex movements. While recommended for ages 6 and up, Dash robot toy may also be appropriate for 4- and 5-year-olds. It is designed to encourage exploration, curiosity and rudimentary problem-solving.
- Also, Dash robot toy is selected by Apple! You can meet this at Apple Store.
Note on rentals
- While the firmware is updated, it may encounter a failure. In such case, please follow steps below.
- Restart the Bluetooth on your device, turn off your WiFi and Bluetooth, then turn off the device completely.
- Turn it back on, go back to the settings and turn WiFi and Bluetooth on again.
- Open your app on your device.
- Plug in your Dash to a power source, so that it’s charging.
- Hold 3 orange buttons + power button until the robot turns all red, then release (it should stay red).
- In the app search for the robot, it should show up as “DASH DFU”.
- Click on the “DASH DFU” it should go to the next page where you can update the firmware.
- Update the firmware.
- Wait for the update to finish and then test your Dash again.
- Dash robot toy is a real robot for kids ages 6 and up that is responsive to its world. Kids can bring it to life with free apps available for iOS and Android. Dash robot toy comes with hundreds of exciting coding adventures and projects available in Wonder and Blockly apps. Also, it comes fully assembled, no batteries required.
- No books or camps needed! Wonder and Blockly apps feature built-in challenge tutorials that teach you how to program Dash robot toy from the very beginning of each program! Dash robot toy also helps your kids develop patience and build problem-solving skills.
- Use your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet to program Dash robot toy to move, dance, light up, make sounds, avoid obstacles, and even react to their voice. With free app Wonder, kids can program Dash robot toy to be the real robot pet, pal or sidekick of their dreams.
- Comes with USB charging cable and two Building Brick Connectors.
- Awards: 2015 National Parenting Gold, Time to Play Magazine 2015 Holiday Most Wanted List, Opening Minds Innovation for Schools, ISTE Best of Show for Schools
- Dash is used in over 10,000 schools today and expanding rapidly.
Note: Dot and some accessories in the video are not included in this kit. You can find Dash & Dot robot toy with accessories here.
- 1 Dash robot toy
- 1 Charging Cord
- 2 Building Brick Connectors to extend play with LEGO® and LEGO® Technic compatible bricks
- Getting Started Guide
There are lots of Dash apps for every age group, learning level, and play style. You can find apps on AppStore, Google Play, and Amazon.
- Go: Exploring the robot’s lights, sounds, sensors, and movements, Go is the first step to getting to know all that Dash robot toy can do.
- Wonder: A picture-based coding language built for kids. Children can create detailed behaviors for Dash robot toy.
- Blockly: Blockly introduces advanced concepts of coding through playful projects and puzzles. Organizing blocks teaches children how programming works and how to think logically.
- Path: Kids start with the fundamentals of robotics and coding before they can read. Drawing a route on their tablet or smartphone, children send Dash robot toy on journeys with their code.
Supported OS(s) & devices
- Apple Devices: iOS 8.1+
- Android Devices: ver. 4.4.2+
- Kindle Devices: ver 5.1.2+
- For more detail, please check here.
- Weight: 1.76 lbs
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium ion
- Charging: via Micro USB (included) to a computer system or power adapter
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart 4 / LE
- Max Speed: 3.3 ft/sec
Can my child learn programming with this robot?
Absolutely. Blockly is drag and drop programming for reader-level kids. Kids can organize blocks to control Dash.
Does this kit include Dot Robots?
Currently, this kit includes Dash robot only. But, don't worry. Dash robot alone is enough for kids to learn programming.
LurnBot is considering to add Dot robot to this kit, so you may get a combi of Dash & Dot robots later.
Can I keep it if I want?
Sure, you can keep it if you pay the difference between rent and retail price.