LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set
Out of stock
- LurnBot recommends this robot kit to age 7-12 yrs (Manufacturer: 7+ yrs)
- WeDo 2.0 is a great robot kit to introduce students/kids to coding and science concepts with the accompanying curriculum.
- An education version comes with Teacher's Guide, which is a great tool for parents to help kids succeed in learning to code.
- Recommend this robot kit for kids who like LEGO and want to do something cool and dynamic with LEGO.
- Two kids can share one core set to boost collaboration skills.
Note on rentals
- Once you get this kit, download the WeDo 2.0 Software at LEGO website first. Then, watch the introduction video on WeDo 2.0 inside the software.
- Before you start, open the cover of Smarthub by sliding, put 2 AA batteries (not included) in, and connect it with the software.
- When kids finish one project and disassemble for the next one, please guide them to put elements in the appropriate sections of the sorting tray referring to a lid card, which will prevent them from wasting time to find elements later.
- Use the brick separator (included) to disassemble. (If not familiar with how to use the brick separator, check this video out.)
- This robot kit is based upon the latest science standards and was created to enhance students' curiosity and science skills. The kit is delivered in a storage bin along with sorting trays, a Smarthub, a Medium Motor, Motion Sensor, a Tilt Sensor, and enough building elements for two kids.
- The accompanying desktop and tablet supported software provides an easy-to-use programming environment and includes the WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack, which covers life, physical, earth, and space sciences, as well as engineering.
- Delivered in a sturdy, plastic storage bin
- 280 LEGO system building elements
- WeDo 2.0 Smarthub: the brain with 2 i/o ports and BLE
- Medium Motor
- Motion sensor
- Tilt sensor
Supported OS(s) & devices
- Hardware has to support Bluetooth 4.0
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (32/64-bit)
- Mac OSx 10.10 or newer
- Chrome OS version 50 or above
- iPad and iPad mini 3rd generation or newer with iOS 8.1 or above
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Download software and curriculum
I was wondering what the final price is for the kit if we purchase it.
If you decide to keep this kit before you return, the final price for the kit is the retail price. In this case, $200.00 is the retail price. Since you already paid $44.00 for rent, you owe only the difference ($156.00).