Dash & Dot Robot with accessories (launcher and xylophone)
Out of stock
- LurnBot recommends this robot toy to age 6-11 yrs (Manufacturer: 6+ yrs)
- This toy is an extension of Dash Robot toy. If you want to rent only the Dash Robot, please visit Dash Robot.
- Dash is a fully assembled, easy-to-use robot toy complete with apps to control its complex movements. While recommended for ages 6 and up, Dash roboy toy may also be appropriate for 4- and 5-year-olds. It is designed to encourage exploration, curiosity and rudimentary problem-solving.
- Dot is the companion robot toy of Dash (it works alone also). It comes with hundreds of exciting coding adventures and projects available in Wonder and Blockly apps. Kids program Dot’s lights, sounds, and sensors in the apps and see Dot come to life. Use apps to transform Dot into hundreds of different toys and gadgets, such as a lively alarm clock, flying spaceship, a funny fortune teller, or even an electronic instrument.
- The Launcher for Dash Robot is a fun accessory that turns your Dash Robot toy into a projectile hurling machine. Using apps, you can load, launch and reload, and vary the power on the launcher to try to aim for different targets.
- Turn Dash into a one-robot light show and marching band with the Xylophone accessory. Your kid can compose songs or remix a sample song from our library while learning concepts like loops and sequencing.
- Also, Dash is selected by Apple! You can meet this at Apple Store.
Note on rentals
- While the firmware is updated, it may encounter a failure. In such case, please follow steps below.
- Restart the Bluetooth on your device, turn off your WiFi and Bluetooth, then turn off the device completely.
- Turn it back on, go back to the settings and turn WiFi and Bluetooth on again.
- Open your app on your device.
- Plug in your Dash robot toy to a power source, so that it’s charging.
- Hold 3 orange buttons + power button until the robot turns all red, then release (it should stay red).
- In the app search for the robot, it should show up as “DASH DFU”.
- Click on the “DASH DFU” it should go to the next page where you can update the firmware.
- Update the firmware.
- Wait for the update to finish and then test your Dash again.
- Dash & Dot are real robots for kids ages 6 and up that is responsive to its world. Kids can bring this robot toys to life with free apps available for iOS and Android. They come with hundreds of exciting coding adventures and projects available in Wonder and Blockly apps. Also, they come fully assembled, no batteries required.
- No books or camps needed! Wonder and Blockly apps feature built-in challenge tutorials that teach you how to program Dash & Dot robot toys from the very beginning of each program! They also help your kids develop patience and build problem-solving skills.
- Use your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet to program Dash to move, dance, light up, make sounds, avoid obstacles, and even react to their voice. With free app Wonder, kids can program Dash & Dot roboy toys to be the real robot pet, pal or sidekick of their dreams.
- Comes with USB charging cable and Building Brick Connectors.
- Awards: 2015 National Parenting Gold, Time to Play Magazine 2015 Holiday Most Wanted List, Opening Minds Innovation for Schools, ISTE Best of Show for Schools
- Dash is used in over 10,000 schools today and expanding rapidly.
- 1 Dash robot toy
- 1 Dot robot toy
- 2 Charging Cord (each for Dash and Dot)
- 2 Building Brick Connectors to extend play with LEGO® and LEGO® Technic compatible bricks
- Getting Started Guide
- Xylophone accessory for robot toy
- Launcher accessory for robot toy
There are lots of Dash apps for every age group, learning level, and play style. You can find apps on AppStore, Google Play, and Amazon.
- Go: Exploring the robot’s lights, sounds, sensors, and movements, Go is the first step to getting to know all that Dash robot toy can do.
- Wonder: A picture-based coding language built for kids. Children can create detailed behaviors for Dash robot toy.
- Blockly: Blockly introduces advanced concepts of coding through playful projects and puzzles. Organizing blocks teaches children how programming works and how to think logically.
- Path: Kids start with the fundamentals of robotics and coding before they can read. Drawing a route on their tablet or smartphone, children send Dash on journeys with their code.
Supported OS(s) & devices
- Apple Devices: iOS 8.1+
- Android Devices: ver. 4.4.2+
- Kindle Devices: ver 5.1.2+
- For more detail, please check here.
- Weight: 1.76 lbs
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium ion
- Charging: via Micro USB (included) to a computer system or power adapter
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart 4 / LE
- Max Speed: 3.3 ft/sec